Thursday 1 August 2013

Yolo Dope Swag?


So a few months ago I attended this speaking competition and the winner spoke about hipsters. Okay ok hate me for talking about hipsters, but this speaker really took a new aspect to hipsters. Rather than these instagram-obsessed, “trend-setting” people we normally associate with hipsters, it was suggested to think of hipsters as forward thinkers within society. Giving examples like Thomas Edison and Nelson Mandela I couldn’t help but laugh when I imagined such strong figures dressed like hipsters. More seriously, these ‘hipsters’ changed society because they thought about change and the future. They were the first of their kind to step out of the norm and think wildly to achieve something brilliant. These are the kind of hipsters that I would love to see more of, not those choc-chai double-foamed latte or whatever those lame hipsters drink to feel cool.
Toodles (or is that something a hipster would say :/...)

No comments:

Post a Comment